Friday, February 25, 2011

Ricky Gervais Pens Oscar Script for Anne Hathaway, James Franco

Golden Globes host Ricky GervaisThis year's Oscar show on Sunday promises to be kinder and gentler than the Golden Globes, with co-host Anne Hathaway telling The Hollywood Reporter: "I can guarantee that if you're looking for someone to call people out, we're not your hosts. I think that humor is really difficult to pull off, and I'm not particularly adept at it. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it. Also, I don't mean to sound overly serious, but I am the youngest host in history and I have no business being cynical or calling anyone out. I certainly haven't earned the right to do that."

And speaking of calling people out, Ricky Gervais took to his blog to pen a back-up script - totally out of the goodness of his heart - for hosts Hathaway and James Franco should they need to use something other than the official version. Gervais, who won't be invited back to host the Globes (which, in my opinion, is a shame as he was the most entertaining part of the show), is unafraid to offend and so his script is full of not-so-gentle comments about the co-hosts' credentials. Here are a few of Gervais' better suggestions for the opening bit:

Read Full Post

Ricky Gervais Pens Oscar Script for Anne Hathaway, James Franco originally appeared on About.com Hollywood Movies on Thursday, February 24th, 2011 at 18:04:20.

Permalink | Comment | Email this

Source: http://movies.about.com/b/2011/02/24/ricky-gervais-pens-oscar-script-for-anne-hathaway-james-franco.htm

Emilie de Ravin Emma Heming Emma Stone Emma Watson Emmanuelle Chriqui Emmanuelle Vaugier

No comments:

Post a Comment