Monday, September 26, 2011

Brad Pitt Pleads For Jennifer Aniston Comment-Gate to End: She Doesn't Deserve It!

Despite attempting to clarify himself once already, Brad Pitt again tried to quiet the PR storm he created with his apparent diss of Jennifer Aniston in Parade.

In a sitdown with Matt Lauer on Today, the Moneyball star addressed the controversy arising from the interview in which he - intentionally or not - made Jen out to look like a dull bore he was pretending to be happy with.

What did he have to say for himself this morning?

Brad Pitt, Parade Magazine

"I've been told about the reaction," he said. "I don't know what was pieced together or put together. All I know is that my point was, the best thing I'd done as a father is be sure my children have a good mother."

"That's all I was, or am, trying to say. It has no reference to the past."

"And I think it's a shame that I can't say something nice about Angie without Jen being drug into it. You know, she just doesn't deserve it."

They also have absolutely no interest in having their personal life serve as public fodder, which has been the case for about 10 years running.

Pitt seems to get particularly riled up about that component:

"I don't wanna be encumbered by any of that. I know my intentions, and I know what I believe, and I know things get misconstrued," he said.

"I know there's a good cycle and a good story to say we're splitting up. And when we don't, to say we've come together again. It's a new cycle, and then there's a secret wedding. 'No, that was put on hold because they're upset.'"

"It's, you know - I live outside of that, and it's much healthier."

A fair point, but there's no denying Pitt's pretend marriage comment was made by the actor himself, as was his subsequent statement clarifying it.

If it was all spin, as he claims, why go out of your way to put out a statement? Was it because Jen went ballistic over it, as has been reported?

No, Brad says, but he did issue it with her in mind.

"No. No. But she's also a seasoned veteran and she knows. You know, and she's a valuable person. We spent seven years together. Come on."

And while their marriage didn't work out, their friendship apparently has.

"I don't want them to say anything bad like that about Jen," he said, adding that after all of this, "She's still a dear friend of mine."


Brad Pitt Speaks on Jennifer Aniston Controversy

Source: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2011/09/brad-pitt-pleads-for-end-to-jennifer-aniston-comment-gate-she-do/

Gisele B¸ndchen Giuliana DePandi Giulianna Ramirez Grace Park Gretha Cavazzoni Gwen Stefani

No comments:

Post a Comment