Tuesday, February 21, 2012

An Open Letter to Jean Dujardin

Dear Mr. Dujardin,

I just wish to send you a very short note to say, thank you, for the magnificent film -- The Artist. Not only because it is brilliant on a global scale, but also because for me personally, it was as if there were moments when I thought I saw my grandfather, Douglas Fairbanks, Sr. in front of my very own eyes! An extraordinary experience, and at times -- completely surreal! I don't know how much of an influence he was for your interpretation of the part -- but it seems to me that you have really embodied his dynamic spirit, his joie de vivre and an aspect of his that I often feel on watching his films where I find myself between tears and laughter. He understood how to really touch profound feelings and you do the same thing. Unfortunately, he died seven years before I was born, but I always felt an especially deep connection with him -- even more than I felt with my own father. Now I am quite an old lady, but I sent my children and grandchildren to see your film. They loved it as well, recognizing also a kind of Ogenetic resonance! So, in closing, a big thank you for having touched our hearts in such an important manner. I wish you all the best for your future and thank you for having brought magic -- a magic apparent to all the world -- but for me, something personal and a profoundly touching experience. Melissa Fairbanks London, England

Source: http://news.moviefone.com/melissa-fairbanks/an-open-letter-to-jean-du_b_1292369.html

Charlies Angels Charlize Theron Chelsea Handler Cheryl Burke China Chow ChloÎ Sevigny

No comments:

Post a Comment