Thursday, January 26, 2012

Rooney Mara's Dad Cried, Shouted, Prayed When She Earned Oscar Nomination

And you thought having lunch at your favorite burrito place on Wednesday meant you were having a good week! On Sunday evening, New York Giants senior vice president of player evaluation Chris Mara watched as the Giants defeated the San Francisco 49ers in overtime of the NFC Championship Game to earn a trip to the Super Bowl. Then on Tuesday, he watched as his daughter, Rooney Mara, earned her first Oscar nomination. "I watched it at home by myself," Mara, whose late father Wellington owned the Giants for many years, told the New York Daily News. "I was kind of in between going to work and I didn't want to get stuck in traffic. So I stayed home and watched it." That decision paid off, as Rooney grabbed a surprise nomination for her work in "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo," putting her in league with Meryl Streep, Viola Davis, Michelle Williams and Glenn Close. "I wasn't expecting it," he said. "I knew she was somewhere on the bubble and I really don't know how those things work. So I let out a pretty loud roar. I cried for a while, then went to church and lit a few candles and I drove to work." Rooney, whose sister Kate is also an actress, was also at the NFC Championship Game on Sunday with her father, this despite the fact that it was held in enemy territory. "It's a rough crowd out there. It's not like it used to be," Chris said about Rooney's experience in the stands in San Francisco. "But then again, I think she's learned how to handle herself after the last film." Out now, "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" also earned nominations for Best Cinematography, Best Editing, Best Sound Editing and Best Sound Mixing. [via NYDN]

Source: http://news.moviefone.com/2012/01/25/rooney-maras-dad-cried-sh_n_1231349.html

Aubrey ODay Audrina Patridge Autumn Reeser Avril Lavigne Bali Rodriguez Bar Refaeli

No comments:

Post a Comment