Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Melissa McCarthy Oscar Nomination: 'At Some Point Today I'm Having Champagne Dammit'

After all the ZOMG-"Bridesmaids"-is-the-best-thing-ever chatter, now the Academy has rallied its support for the comedy-that-could as well. Tuesday morning, the film snagged two nominations, including Best Original Screenplay and Best Supporting Actress for funny-lady Melissa McCarthy. Apparently, McCarthy -- who was also nominated for a SAG award -- said she could barely believe her ears upon the announcement. ?I didn't get up or anything,? she told EW. ?I just did not expect that. AT ALL! Hopefully I'm not nuts.? McCarthy, as Megan, the brazen alpha female of the group, was largely responsible for "Bridesmaids" success. The film followed the unsavory lead up to the Annie's (Kristen Wiig) best friend's wedding. (Plot summary provided just in case you've been living under a rock for the last year.) McCarthy explained that in the wake of the film's stunning success, the cast has remained very close. ?Most of those girls ? we've been friends for so long,? she said. ?Rose [Byrne] and Ellie [Kemper] were new to me, and it took us about three-and-a-half minutes to all completely gel ? It feels silly to call it a job ? it was some weird adult playground. Anything you could think of, [director Paul Feig] would be like, ?Yeah, let's try it!'? McCarthy has had a remarkably busy year (she also won an Emmy for "Mike and Molly"), and said that it would be tough to squeeze in some celebrating. ?I have to go to work in an hour,? she said. ?I have to shoot today. But that's not a bad thing ? I love my job. Then I have a show tomorrow. At some point today, I'm having champagne dammit!? [via EW]

Source: http://news.moviefone.com/2012/01/24/melissa_n_1228362.html

Brittany Lee Brittany Murphy Brittany Snow Brittny Gastineau Brody Dalle Brooke Burke

No comments:

Post a Comment