Friday, April 22, 2011

Kim Kardashian Calls Attention to Armenian Genocide


Kim Kardashian made it clear a couple weeks ago: she isn't only about red carpet photos and fashion.

The reality star took major exception to her body being placed on the cover of Turkey's Cosmopolitan, considering she's of Armenian descent and that nation was responsible for acts of genocide against her people in the early 1900s.

Kimmy Kardashian

Now, with Genocide Remembrance Day schedule for Sunday, Kim has taken to her blog and posted the following message:

"My family and I are incredibly proud of our heritage. My dad taught me a lot about Armenian culture, and I have a strong connection with my roots. Every year, I honor the memory of the martyrs who were killed during the 1915 Armenian Genocide. Even though so many countries around the world recognize the Genocide, the government of Turkey still denies it."

Approximately 1.5 million Armenians were killed by Ottoman Turks starting in 1915. Wrote Kardashian:

"Until this crime is resolved truthfully and fairly, the Armenian people will live with the pain of what happened to their families and the fear of what might happen again to their homeland. So out of respect for all those innocent people that died, I'm putting a spotlight on it today..."

[Photo: WENN.com]

Source: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2011/04/kim-kardashian-calls-attention-to-armenian-genocide/

Melissa Rycroft Melissa Sagemiller Mena Suvari Mia Kirshner MÌa Maestro Michael Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment